GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “the General Terms and Conditions”) are an integral part of your contract (hereinafter “the Travel Contract”) with the Travel Agency CORVINUS TRAVEL, s.r.o. (hereinafter “the Travel Agency”) and apply to any and all tours, tours, stays, accommodation and services (hereinafter “the Tours”’) organised by the Travel Agency. The General Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the Contract which is made between the Travel Agency and the Client ordering the Tour (hereinafter the “Travel Contract”).
I. THE CONTRACT, BOOKING THE TOUR
The parties to the Travel Contract are:
the Travel Agency CORVINUS TRAVEL, s.r.o. with its registered office at Agátová 5/D, Bratislava, Slovakia, Company ID No.: 36 775 452, registered in the Companies’ Register of the Slovak Republic (hereinafter the “Travel Agency”) and the Client booking the Travel Agency services who has the legal capacity to enter into the Travel Contract and for the benefit of whom the Travel Contract has been made.
To make a booking of the Tour the Client will use the booking form of the respective Tour as displayed on the web site of the Travel Agency (“the Booking Form”).
Booking of the Tour through the web site of the Travel Agency and confirmed by the Travel Agency as well as payment conducted by the means of the Travel Agency system is considered as Travel Contract. The Travel Contract is applicable to any and all additional persons specified in the Travel Contract. The Client is liable for the performance of the contractual obligations of persons specified in the Travel Contract as he/she is for performance of his/her obligations.
By concluding the Travel Contract, the Client gives consent for the Travel Agency to process his personal data in its filing systems. The Client shall give his consent until the time of its written revocation. Data provided may be made accessible only to the Travel Agency personnel and to persons who are authorized to offer, to negotiate and to provide the Travel Agency’s services (including cross border flow). The client grants consent also on behalf of other participants of the Tour of whom he books the Tour and of whom he is represented as the Leader Traveler (as mentioned in the Booking Form).
The Price of the Tour as displayed on the web site is agreed in the Travel Contract (hereinafter “the Price”). The Price specified in the Travel Contract is binding. The Price is determined per-person (unless agreed otherwise) and comprise exclusively those services which are defined and stated on the web site of the Travel Agency.
The Travel Agency CORVINIUS TRAVEL is entitled to increase the Price of the Tour at its own discretion under the following circumstances
– an increase in transportation costs, including the prices of fuel.
The Travel Agency must send a written notification of the increased price to the Client not later than sixty (60) days prior to commencement of the tour, otherwise the Travel Agency will not be entitled to charge the balance in the Price.
The Client has the right to withdraw from the Contract if he cannot accept the increased Price without paying the penalty.
III. PAYMENT TERMS
To make a booking of the Tour the Client will use the booking form of the respective Tour as displayed on the web site of the Travel Agency (“the Booking Form”).
The Travel Agency is entitled to request the advance payment when the Booking Form is sent to the Travel Agency. If not agreed otherwise, the amount of advance payments and the time schedule of payments is as follows:
– upon sending the Booking Form the Client is liable to pay the full Price of the Tour as calculated on the Booking Form. The completed Booking Form must be sent to the Travel Agency together with the payment as mentioned above not later than sixty (60) days prior to “the Departure”.
The Client is entitled to be provided with services only after having paid the full Price for the services agreed so far. In case that the Client fails, for whatever reason, to pay the full Price by the deadline for such payment, the Travel Agency is entitled to cancel the Travel Contract and to receive the payment of a contractual fine pursuant to Article VI of the General Terms and Conditions.
IV. RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE CLIENT
The basic rights of the Client are:
– the right to obtain the services as agreed and paid for in accordance to the Travel Contract;
– the right to request from the Travel Agency information about any and all facts concerning the services agreed and paid for pursuant to the Travel Contract;
– the right to be informed about any changes, modifications or alterations to the agreed services;
– the right to cancel the Travel Contract prior to receipt of the services at any time, subject to the conditions laid down in Article VI of these General Terms and Conditions;
– the right to make a guarantee (warranty) claim for defects and imperfections and to settlement of such claims pursuant to Article VII of these General Terms and Conditions
-the right to postpone the Travel Contract to the third party
The basic duties of the Client are:
– to provide the Travel Agency with cooperation necessary for the due arrangements of the services, primarily to provide true and complete information required for implementation of the Travel Contract including any changes and alterations to data and to submit further documents(e.g. visa applications, photographs) at the request of the Travel Agency;
– to ensure escort of persons under 18 years old and their supervision by an adult person (participant); likewise to ensure escort and supervision of persons whose state of health requires escort and supervision;
– to report the participation of foreigners (foreign nationals);
– to pay the price for the Tour in compliance with Article III of these General Terms and Conditions;
– to notify the Travel Agency in writing prior to Departure Date of the Tour of the fact that another person identified in the written notification will take part in the Tour instead of him. The notification must also contain a declaration by the new Client that he agrees with the concluded Travel Contract and complies with any and all agreed terms and conditions for participation in the Tour. The person specified in the notification becomes the Client on the date when the notification is delivered. The original Client and the new Client are jointly and severally liable for payment of the price of the Tour and coverage of the costs incurred by the Travel Agency as a result of the change of the Client).
– to obtain a valid traveller’s identity document (passport) and visa (if required); to follow and comply with passport and customs rules of the destination countries. Any and all costs incurred as a result to a breach of the rules will be borne by the participant of the Tour;
– to obtain appropriate insurance policy
– to comply with vaccination requirements and any other formal medical requirements for travel to the countries where they are required under international medical rules;
– to follow the instructions of a guide, delegate or other appointed representative of the Travel Agency and to adhere to the specified programme;
– to act in such a way to prevent and avoid any damage to the health or property of other customers, the providers of the services or the Travel Agency;
– to file any claims against suppliers/providers of services pursuant to Article VII of these General Terms and Conditions in a due and timely manner.
V. CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
In the case that the Travel Agency is forced to alter a substantial condition contained in the Travel Contract prior to the Departure Date, the Travel Agency shall suggest to The Client change of the Travel Contract. In the case that the suggested change to the Travel Contract also results in an adjustment of the Price of the Tour, the proposal must specify the new price. The Client has the right to decide whether to accept the change of the Travel Contract or to cancel the Travel Contract without paying a cancelation fee. He/she is obliged to notify the Travel Agency of his decision in writing within the term determined by the Travel Agency in the change proposal.
The Travel Agency is entitled to cancel the Tour if the number of bookings for the Tour do not reach the minimum number of Clients as set by the Travel Agency for the respective Tour by a deadline of forty-five (45) days before the Departure
If the Travel Agency cancels the Tour, it must notify the Client of the fact in writing without undue delay, not later than thirty (30) days before the Departure.
Furthermore, the Travel Agency reserves the right to cancel the Tour in the case of unusual, unexpected and unpredictable events (e.g. war, terrorist attack, uprising, mutiny, earthquake, other natural disasters, spreading infectious, contagious diseases, decision of State bodies, etc.), or in the case that the safety, health or lives of the Clients would be endangered otherwise if such circumstances could not have been predicted, foreseen or assumed in the moment of undertaking the Travel Contract .
If the Travel Agency cancels the Tour less than thirty (30) days before the Departure for reasons other than those referred to above (unusual, unexpected and unpredictable evens, the Client has the right to proportionate compensation for damages.
If the Travel Agency does not provide the Client with the agreed services in due and timely fashion, it must take such measures without undue delay to ensure that the tour can take place and continue. In the case that the Tour cannot proceed without the use of services of lower quality than was agreed in the Travel Contract, the Travel Agency must return to the Client an amount equal to the difference in price between the offered services and those provided.
The Travel Agency reserves the right to exclude the Client from the Tour who, while intoxicated, makes it impossible to implement the Tour itself or who endangers the safety of other participants in the Tour due his behaviour.
VI. CANCELATION OF THE TRAVEL CONTRACT
Prior to the Departure date, the Travel Agency may cancel the Travel Contract only due to the cancellation of the Tour or due to the breach of the Client’s contractual obligations. The Travel Agency must send written notification of cancelation of the Travel Contract including documented reasons for cancelation by email to the Client’s email address given in the Travel Contract. The Client is obliged to confirm the Cancelation of the Contract immediately, latest next day after the Cancelation was delivered.
Consequently, if the Travel Contract is cancelled due to the cancellation of the Tour, the Travel Agency is obliged to return all payments already made by the Client with regard to the Tour latest 14 days after the notification of the Cancellation.
If the Travel Contract is cancelled due to the breach of the Client’s contractual obligations the cancellation fee must be paid as below.
The Client has the right to cancel the Travel Contract at any time before the Departure:
– without specifying reasons;
– due to the Travel Agency’s breach of its duties under the Travel Contract.
The Client is obliged to send the notification of cancelation of the Travel Contract to the following e-mail address of the Travel Agency: firstname.lastname@example.org . The cancelation of the Contract becomes effective from the date of delivery of the written notification to the Travel Agency’s email address.
In the case that the reason for the Client’s cancelation of the Travel Contract is the Travel Agency’s breach of its duties, the Travel Agency must return, without undue delay, the entire sum received from the Client as payment of the Price under the cancelled Travel Contract, and the Client is not obliged to pay any cancellation fee to the Travel Agency.
If the Travel Contract is cancelled for other reasons, the Client must pay a contractual fine to the Travel Agency. The amount of the contractual fine is calculated based on the number of days prior to the Departure as follows:
– 45 and more days EUR 180 per Traveller
– 44 to 30 days 30 % of the Price;
– 29 to 22 days 50 % of the Price;
– 21 to 10 days 75 % of the Price;
– 9 and less days 100 % of Price;
If the customer does not commence the Tour or if he does not make use of the service without prior Cancellation of the Travel Contract, he must pay the full amount (100%) of the Price.
The Travel Agency is entitled to deduct the cancellation fee from the Price as paid by the Client.
VII. GUARANTEE CLAIMS, LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES
In the case that the extent or quality of services do not conform to those agreed in the Travel Contract (they are lower than agreed), the customer is entitled to make a claim under guarantee /warranty. The Customer has to file a claim for a wrongly provided service without undue delay, in particular on the spot at the place of provision of such service or to the authorized representative of the Travel Agency. A Customer has the right to file a guarantee claim for poor quality services only in his own name, or in the name of persons recorded together with him in the Travel Contract. The representative of the Travel Agency must decide on the guarantee claim immediately insofar as it falls within his competence.
In the case that it is not possible to make good any damage immediately, the Travel Agency representative writes a guarantee report on the defective service with the person making the guarantee claim (“the Guarantee Report”). The Guarantee Report on a defective service is signed by the Travel Agency representative or the provider of the service and the Customer and each of the parties shall retain one (1) copy of the Guarantee Report. The Customer must submit the confirmed Guarantee Report on a defective service when filing the guarantee claim with the Travel Agency.
The Customer is obliged to file the Guarantee Claim with the Travel Agency without undue delay, not later than within two (2) weeks after the end of the Tour, or, in the case that the Tour did not happen, from the date when it was supposed to end according to the Travel Contract, otherwise the right to file a claim lapses. The Travel Agency is obliged to respond to any and all Guarantee Claims filed in accordance with the given terms and conditions in writing not later than thirty (30) days after receiving the Guarantee Claim.
The Travel Agency bears liability to the Client for the breach of the obligations under the Travel Contract regardless of whether the defective service was provided by the Travel Agency or other service providers, if the obligations were within the scope of the Travel Contract. The Travel Agency is not liable for the standard of services provided by someone else or outside the scope of the tour if the Client agreed them on the spot, with the guide at a venue or with a hotel representative or another entity.
Damages and losses to property caused to the Client which have been the subject of an insurance contract agreed upon with an insurance company under a travel insurance policy cannot be included in a guarantee claim. Neither damages nor losses to property which have been expressly exempted from the extent of insurance coverage can be included in a guarantee claim.
If the Customer does not receive the whole or a part of the agreed services that have been paid for and provided by the travel agency due to circumstances whose occurrence, development and consequences are not the result of the activities or the procedure of the Travel Agency, or due to circumstances on the side of the Customer, the Customer is not entitled to claim repayment or a discount from the price of the services.
The Travel Agency is not liable for any delay of means of transportation due to traffic jams and border crossings, due to adverse weather or due to technology or operating conditions. The Travel Agency is not liable for damages that may incur as a result of transportation delays. Transportation delays do not entitle a customer to cancel the Travel Contract or receive a refund for agreed services that were not provided.
The Travel Agency is not liable for damage which was caused neither by the Travel Agency nor by its suppliers nor the providers of services, and the damage was caused by the client, a third party, who is (are) not involved in arranging of the tour, or, an event which could not have been prevented even when every effort was made to do so, or, due to unusual, unexpected and unpredictable circumstances.
VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
By sending the Booking Form the Client confirms that he is familiar with the General Terms and Conditions, that he can understand them, he agrees with them and he accepts them fully.
The General Terms and Conditions enter into force and effect on November 1, 2023 and are considered to be an integral part of the Travel Contract.